Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas, Christmas Time for Cheer

A couple of months ago, I would have told you to bring on Christmas, but now I can't wait for the Christmas season to be over. I love Christmas and I love celebrating it, but this season is just crazy. When you work in retail it is the worst season for you, because you have the crazy customers, or the scam artist..What I don't understand is when these people are being mean do they find pleasure in it, or do they just do it to be spiteful? What is actually going through their mind when they hit that register and think that they can get a thirteen dollar DVD for four? I just don't understand it. I think the thing that bugs me the most is that people say Happy Holidays now instead of Merry Christmas.... I got an email from my mom the other day about what God would think about the whole situation and one thing that struck me is that He doesn't care about saying Happy Holidays, but that people actually know what they are celebrating and that is His son's birth. 
I was truly thinking about the concept and if it wasn't for Christians there wouldn't even be a Christmas to celebrate. We celebrate the birth of Jesus, but without Christians no one would celebrate and it would just be another work day in the year. Tomorrow is going to be crazy...I have to work from 7 to 3:15 and then rush home and get dressed and do my hair and makeup and be at church for the 5 o'clock service and then head over to my aunts for a celebration with my family. Then come home and go to bed around like 11 or later...It's always fun, but a little stressful when you're rushed around!! I think I'm going to take my time and make sure my family saves me a seat and get there when I get there. That way too I can show my family my new car!! YEAH!! Well good night and God bless...I hope you have a Merry Christmas and God continues to bless your life!! 

No comments: