Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hunt For....Peace

Recently I have been second guessing my calling and last night I finally found what I was looking for! I wanted a sign from God, that would tell me and without a doubt about it!! I have been really praying about it and I had a dream last night that had to be from God. I was walking with someone, I didn't see who it was, but the voice sounded so familiar. We stopped in front of a school and he told me "This is where I have put you. You have let people and things distract you from where I want you and where I have told you to go. I have put you here for you to grow and become closer to me, now don't doubt what I have for you. Trust in me and I will direct your path and you'll find a peace in only me! Stay focused and no more distractions Carolyn." I woke up and I wanted to find out if it was CBC and there were parts that I didn't remember but I looked at all the pictures and it was CBC!!! I'm just going to focus on Him and His plans for my life and not let anything interfere with them. Nothing is going to get in my way from being with Him. I have such a peace about it and I finally feel like I know where I belong. 
There are times where we want all the answers and we want to know right now, but that's not how God rolls. God works in His timing and only His. That's the best part, we don't always have to know everything and all we have to do is trust in Him and we will direct our paths to where He is leading us!! Right now everything is lining up perfectly and all I have to do is pray and then talk to my mom. She had me write up a list of things that I was interested in this weekend and I really didn't know. I really had no clue who I was lately, and last night we talked about my list and we were both frustrated and upset, but I just made me cry out to Him even more and made me realize that I didn't have my peace and I was walking around in the dark. This morning ever since I woke up I have a peace and I just finally feel right again!!! I love this feeling, and it's frustrating when you don't have it...but when you find it again, it's like your world and everything is perfect. Not that it's perfect, but you have a peace and a realization that you don't have to know everything!!! And that's the best part!!! The verse that just popped into my mind was Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For  I know the plans I have for  you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray for me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all nations and places wehre I have banished you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

No comments: