Thursday, November 20, 2008

Silly Willy

Today has been another eventful day to say the least. I got up this morning at seven and got ready and out the door to work I went. It's nice and weird having a job where the hours are crazy jumbled, but fun because I get to work with some really cool people. The only bad part about it is that I have to work 5:45 a.m-2:15 p.m. on Black Friday and that means I have to be up at like 4 to leave on time and be to work by like 5:20-30, that way I can park in our spots. I'm just bumming it as much as humanly possible!!! Maybe I'll take dad to work and then leave right after I drop him off. Tomorrow should be a fun day, I have work from 12-4 and then I'm going to help Sarah with her church function and I have to meet her at 5. 
I'm still so excited about next semester and I'm just counting down the days...42 days and counting!!! I'm talking to a lot of people from our church that are out there, some of which I usually don't get along with so it's a little weird talking to them. I think God put them into my life right now for reason and I'm not going to question Him, but I think it's a little strange!! Besides the point I was looking up some cool quotes about the Bible and I found this really cool one from C.S. Lewis and it goes "In most parts of the Bible, everything is implicitly or explicitly introduced with "Thus saith the Lord". It is... not merely a sacred book but a book so remorselessly and continuously sacred that it does not invite -- it excludes or repels -- the merely aesthetic approach. You can read it as literature only by a tour de force... It demands incessantly to be taken on its own terms: it will not continue to give literary delight very long, except to those who go to it for something quite different. I predict that it will in the future be read, as it always has been read, almost exclusively by Christians."  I thought it was really good and I figured I would share....Enjoy and my God truly bless your life! 

No comments: