Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Now The Goose Is On The Table...

I love this time of year, I really do, but I could really do without the added stress of everything! Tonight I spent the evening cleaning and getting my room ready for my grandparents to come down from Massachusetts. Every year since we moved into our house they have spend with us and as usual I have to give up my room and make the living room or basement my room for the next couple of days! My Nona likes to clean your house and move things around and not tell you where she put everything, because half the time she forgets, but you don't end up finding it until the next year and the item(s) go missing all over again! So if you want to know where your stuff is you have to hide it from her or give her something to do so she doesn't reorganize your house!! I miss my grandparents so much and I just love talking to them because they are a riot and you always learn something from them, whether it be history or a life lesson it somehow applies to your life!! My Nona was born in Italy and lived there until she was two years old. Her father was a shoe peddler and had come to America to help his children and he left his family behind in order to do so. My Poppy was born in Brooklyn and his grandmother was a bootlegger!! I remember all the stories from them and you never can get enough of them. The best story was how they met, I won't bore you with details but in order for my Poppy to marry my Nona he had to learn Italian and speak it with her father. They have been married for 52 years and are still in love today as they were when they first met! I hope to have a marriage like that someday, but for now I just want to start my life!! I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, I work from 10-4 and when I get off they should be here!! I'll fill you in with all the details of my eventful weekend!! God bless and goodnight!! 

No comments: